Warm Broccoli & Tofu Salad is yummy warm or cold, morning and night. This recipe has become a favorite of mine, for sure! I really hope you love it just as much as I do. It’s a gestational diabetes friendly favored for me personally and I sincerely munch it many times a week.
- 1 small head
- broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 250g / 8 ounces firm tofu, cubed, lightly pan-fried (or steamed)
- 75g / 2.5 ounces corn niblets
- 1 small can tuna in springwater, drained (optional)
- ½ avocado, cubed or sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds to serve
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon miso liquid paste (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- A dash or hot water if dressing needs thinning
- Mildly steam or boil broccoli and zucchini and set aside.
- Mildly pan-fry tofu until slightly crisp. (Otherwise you could steam it.)
- Combine all ingredients in a large container. Toss well with half of dressing.
- Divide between bowls and drizzle with remaining dressing. Spread with toasted sesame seeds.