This Japanese inspired cool and crisp Cucumber Salad is as elegant and well balanced as it is simple. Cucumber Salad recipe makes a nice accompaniment to any meal. This is a recipe my mom’s been making since I was a kid. This salad is gestational diabetes friendly.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium cucumbers, or 1 large English cucumber
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- Peel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes.
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise.
- scrape the seeds out with a spoon.
- Using a food processor or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices.
- Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.