Pancakes make a yummy morning meal and can be topped with any kind of ripe, seasonal fruits, tinned fruits or low calorie spreads. They can also be utilized as a foundation for delicious toppings. If any are left over they make great between meal snacks.
- 2 cups whole meal self-rising flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- stiffly beaten selected fruit or savory toppings
- Combine the flour with whole milk and oil in an appropriate bowl.
- Pre heat crepe pan, then spray or wipe the pan with minimal oil and cook each pancake.
- Flip pancakes over when the bubbles start to appear. Allow to cook through.
- Whilst cooking, store the pancakes in a lidded container, to steam and soften.
- Serve the pancakes with your choice of toppings.