These good for you Orange Juice Cookies have a wonderful flavor and just the right amount of natural sweetness. You will find they appeal to everyone, even to folks who are not on restricted diets and this is gestational diabetes recipe.
- •1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- •Sugar substitute equivalent to ¾ cup sugar
- •2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- •1/2 cup vegetable oil spread
- •1/3 cup chopped raisins
- •2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a medium cowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in raisins. Add orange juice; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.