It’s strawberry season and our local berries are abundant, fragrant and deliciously sweet. I make this cake at least once every summer, when fresh strawberries are in season. It’s delicious! This is is gestational diabetes friendly recipe.
- •6 ladyfingers (or 1 small sponge cake)
- •1¼ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- •3 tablespoons sugar
- •1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- •1/3 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- •1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Line a medium glass dish with split ladyfingers or sliced sponge cake.
- In a small bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add the vanilla to the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle some berries over the cake, then add a layer of whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Repeat in layers until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of whipped topping and nuts.